Our blasting department consists of a large fully enclosed reclaim blast booth, as well as a blast cabinet for smaller parts. We use garnet for our blasting media. Garnet creates an excellent cutting profile for powder coat and other finish adherents, which is extremely important in providing a quality powder coat finish.
- Garnet media is much harder and more durable than sand, soda, and Green Diamond nickel slag. This means that it can be used for a longer period of time before it needs to be replaced, resulting in less downtime and lower costs.
- Garnet media is highly abrasive, which makes it very effective at removing surface coatings and contaminants. This makes it an ideal choice for blasting applications where a clean surface is essential, such as for preparing surfaces for painting or coating.
- Garnet media is consistent in particle size and shape, which means that it provides a uniform finish on the blasted surface. This is important in applications where a smooth and even surface is required, such as for preparing surfaces for welding or adhesive bonding.
- Garnet media is non-toxic and non-hazardous, making it a safer and more environmentally friendly choice for blasting applications compared to soda and green diamond nickel slag, which can be harmful to human health and the environment.
Overall, garnet media provides superior results compared to sand, soda, and nickel slag in terms of efficiency, effectiveness, consistency, and environmental safety.
At Ferguson Fabrication, we use an enclosed media blast booth that provides many advantages over blasting outdoors. Here are some of the main reasons why..
- An enclosed media blast booth creates a controlled environment for the blasting process. This means that the conditions inside the booth can be optimized for maximum efficiency and safety. For example, our booth is equipped with proper ventilation and dust collection systems, which help to keep the air inside the booth clean and safe to breathe.
- An enclosed media blast booth eliminates the need to worry about weather conditions. Outdoor sandblasting can be challenging and unpredictable due to weather conditions like wind and rain. These conditions can affect the quality and consistency of the blasting process, which can lead to uneven finishes or contamination. An enclosed media blast booth provides a controlled environment that is not affected by weather, which ensures that the blasting process remains consistent and efficient.
- An enclosed media blast booth provides a safer working environment for the operators. The booth is equipped with appropriate safety equipment like supplied air helmets with a CO2 monitor, and ear protection, which help to protect the operators from hazardous materials generated during the blasting process. Additionally, the enclosed environment helps to prevent bystanders from being exposed to the dust and debris generated during the blasting process.
- Lastly, an enclosed media blast booth is a more environmentally friendly option compared to outdoor sandblasting. The booth is equipped with dust collection systems that capture and contain the blasting media and debris, which prevents it from being released into the environment. This helps to minimize the impact of the blasting process on the environment and ensures that the blasting media is properly disposed of or recycled.
Overall, an enclosed media blast booth provides a controlled, safe, and environmentally friendly environment for the blasting process. It eliminates the challenges and uncertainties associated with outdoor sandblasting and ensures that the blasting process is consistent, efficient, and effective.